I was interviewed by Ian Gilbert of Independent Thinking about my book “Help! My toddler is not eating. A 30-day plan to get your picky eater to enjoy new foods” as part of the summer children’s (and parents’!) reading festival.
- 07.30 talking about texture and why Ian hates tomatoes
- 08.45 how children learn to eat
- 09.40 the blue food experiment (and why role modelling matters)
- 12.15 why children (and adults) nibble at new foods (Hint: It’s evolution, baby. And perfectly normal.)
- 15.10 more about role modelling (I know, I do go on about it!)
- 16.05 summary of what to expect from the book
- 16.30 food exposure and how to introduce new foods
- 17.07 children need to be sat well to eat well (even though adults can perfectly well chew and swallow a piece of pizza lying sideways while simultaneously watching TV, listening to a song and having a conversation)
- 17.48 see the exercises in my book
- 18.25 the “Finish your soup” study and why pressuring children to eat doesn’t work
As always, drop your thoughts or comments below.